Friday, April 23, 2010

S'okay

It's amazing how your mind can literally shut off and just let your body shift into auto-pilot. Today seemed tolerable, if I don't think about any specific thing. When an uncomfortable or trying situation approaches, my mind goes blank. When Baptiste begins kicking tables and throwing toys, I leave the room. When Chloe begins wailing about wanting a small spoon while she's in the bath, I retrieve the spoon, and stare at the blue tile in the bathroom.

It's so late right now, I can't blog much unfortunately. I'm sharing a small space with my boys, so they don't go to bed until I do and it's nearly 11. Far too late for a 9 year-old in my opinion.

Today's silver-lining: I can now say in French, "After you have finished washing your hair, you can play."

No comments:

Post a Comment