Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Helen Keller Theory

Thibault has a hard time differentiating between words with 'th' sounds and 'f' sounds. He will often pronounce 'through' as 'frough' and this bugs me to no end. He can clearly hear the distinction when I say it, but then he'll insist that he's repeating it exactly like me. Clément just rolls his eyes. One night at dinner, we were discussing ways to die (again) and he must've said something about me tickling him to death. Only he said, I would tickle him to deaf. I thought that was an interesting concept. To be tickled to deaf. Can you imagine being a kid, and your uncle starts getting crazy with the tickle monster character, and you think, "If he keeps this up, I'm going to pee my pants!" but instead you just stop hearing?

No comments:

Post a Comment